Kingfisher Airlines is the only domestic airline in India to introduce special fares for medical emergencies, with 50% discount to air passengers customers travelling on account of a family medical emergency or bereavement in the family. The travellers have to pay the full fare amount while buying the air ticket and then submit the death or hospitalization certificate to the airlines within 60 days to avail the refund of 50% on the basic fare.
This facility can be availed only through the Kingfisher Airlines Reservation contact points, like Kingfisher Airlines Booking Counter at the Airports, Call centres booking, and the Kingfisher ticketing office centres in the city. Medical Emergency Fares ensure that you don’t have to pay the last minutes fares.
Eligibility/ Applicability :
The special fare (50% of Y Class fare) is applicable to guests who need to travel on Kingfisher Airlines in the event of a medical emergency or death of a family member. These fares can be obtained for travel on all Kingfisher Class / Kingfisher Red Class domestic flights.
Process to avail the discount :
1. Guest can submit a scanned copy of the requisite documents via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Guest can submit hard copy of all documents at any Kingfisher Airlines ATO/CTO within India
3. Guest can courier requisite documents at the below mail address within 60 days of date of travel:
Kingfisher Airlines Limited,
Western Express Highway,
Vile Parle (E)Mumbai – 400 099
- Medical Emergency Fare Application Form to be filled by the guest with complete details. Download the form
- Certificate for Hospitalisation from the treating hospital or A copy of the Death Certificate
- Proof of Relation (Copy of Passport / Ration Card)
- All Boarding pass(es)
- E-ticket Receipt
Terms and conditions:
- These fares will be applicable on domestic route networks within India.
- The travel must commence within three days from date of issue of ticket and must be completed within thirty days.
- These bookings can be done ONLY through Kingfisher Airlines Reservation contact points (ATO/ CTO/Call Center).
- Guest can reserve one-way or round trip confirmed tickets on the existing fare level at the time of purchase.
- In the event seats are unavailable, alternative flights will be provided and stand by bookings will be allowed.
- One free date change allowed only on return journey.
- The refund can only be availed post travel is completed & not at the time of booking.
- Service Charge [JN], User Development Fee [IN], Passenger Fee [WO] and any other tax components are not refundable under this category.
- The refund applicable will be processed post submission of all documentation after completion of travel.
- Guest who can avail this concession will be their immediate family members of the deceased / hospitalised family member – Spouse / Registered Partner, Parents, Children, Siblings, Mother-in-law, Father-in-law
- To avail refund as per Medical Emergency fares guest must submit documents within 60 days of date of travel.